MerrittHill serves broadcasters and publishers on defamation, access, freedom of information, reporter privilege, newsgathering, and prepublication matters.
- Obtaining for national bookseller a court order determining state obscenity statute to be unconstitutional.
- Defense of television broadcasting company in defamation trial.
- Obtaining access to government documents through Freedom of Information Act inquiries directed at state agencies.
- Obtaining access to court records for media clients.
- Prepublication advice to podcast production team for public media company and national co-producer.